Rota do Românico No.2
Igreja de São Vicente de Sousa
The church was part of a monastic set whoses construction was finished in the 13th century,as one can read on the North gate inscription for its solemn consecration in the year 1214.
The main portal featured three pairs of columns and four deep archivolts, with bulb-like bases where one of the pairs of columns is octagonal. The tympanum is decorated with a hollow cross of Malta.
- Name: St. Vincent of Sousa Church
- Type: Church / Monastery
- Classification: National Monument from 1977
- Style: Romanesque nationalized
- State of Conservation: Good
- Festival Patron: St. Vincent - January 22
- Time of Worship: Sunday and holidays at 9:30, Friday 5 to 20h
- Time of Visit: By appointment
- Price of Admission: Free
- For explanation on Portuguese please visit official site of Romans ways:
Phone Number: 255 810 706 / 918 116 488
Fax: 255 810 709
- Location: Place the Passat, neighborhood Sousa, Felgueiras, Oporto, Portugal.
- How to get there:
If approaching from the north of Portugal through the A28 (Road/Oporto), the A3 (Valença / Oporto) or A7 (Sabrosa / Oporto), follow directions to Felgueiras A11 (Esposende / Oporto). Exit on Felgueiras West, then follow the signs to RRVS (Mosteiro de Pombeiro) to the Church of Sousa.
If coming from downtown or south of the country by the A1 (Lisbon-Porto) or the A29 (Estarreja / VN Gaia) in Oporto between crossing the river Douro through the bridge of the Ash.
From the Oporto may go for A4/IP4 (Vila Real) or A41/A42 (Oporto) that will lead to the A11 (Felgueiras). In this way the exit on Felgueiras West.
If you are already in the city of Felgueiras, follow the direction of Guimarães by N101 (Amarante / Valencia) and then the de Prado, not considering the diversion to the Monastery of Pombeiro.
- Geographic Coordinates: Lat: 41 ° 20'37 .685 " N / Long: 8 ° 14'56 .145" W
- More photos on: